Calling all writers,
What are you doing next Sunday? Joining me for a fun and super informative workshop? Yay! I can’t wait!
On Sun. Nov. 15 at 2:00 p.m. PST, let me help take the ick out of the concept of branding & offer practical tips on building YOUR brand today. Find all the details and get tickets here.
Why the “ick,” you ask? Well, as I suspect some of you know too well and/or still feel, “branding” yourself as an author, artist or person can seem . . . sort of slimy. Fake. Insincere. Gimmicky. Too “corporate” or something . . . All things that I sum up as . . . ick. LOL.
I definitely had some misconceptions (and negative associations) with the term, but when I figured out what branding for authors actually is, I grew a whole lot more comfortable with it and say (without exaggeration) that understanding (and embracing) brand has made my writing life easier and more rewarding in several surprising ways.
If you’d like a sneak peek at what changed my attitude about branding and an introduction to what we’ll be discussing in the workshop, please check out my recent guest post on Anne R. Allen’s blog, which is a wonderful resource for all things writing-related.
Just some of the things we’ll be discussing in more depth live during the workshop:
• Why every author needs a brand.
• What brand is and isn’t.
• How to determine what your brand is. (You probably already have one, just need to recognize it as such and consciously work to hone and build it.)
• How having a clear brand—and sticking to it and enhancing it—will help find you loyal, voracious readers.
• How knowing your brand can be a map to follow in terms of deciding future projects and a light to guide your marketing and promotion activities.
• What “on brand” means—and why keeping everything you do marketing and promotion-wise on brand is crucial!
• Why you might want a pen name or two or, or, or . . . (and why you might not!)
Appropriate for writers of every form and genre, this workshop will be particularly valuable to those who are new to publishing or who have a few published books but haven’t done a lot (if any) formal work on identifying and building their brand.
Please bring any questions you have!
Special thanks to The Federation of BC Writers for sponsoring this workshop and being such a great support to writers across BC, the Yukon, and beyond.
On Sun. Nov. 15 at 2:00 p.m. PST, let Ev Bishop help take the ick out of the concept of author branding & offer practical tips on building YOUR brand!Tweet