Hello and happy June, fellow readers and book lovers! I’m shocked to say that my little normally-shady-and-cool (aka COLD) corner of the world has a heat wave warning. Will wonders never cease?! Anyway, I decided that our long, lovely summer reading days (daze!) call for something special – and here it is: The Cabin’s first Summer Reading Challenge extraordinaire.
If you haven’t joined me at The Cabin yet, you’ll want to! (Or you’ll want to if you want a chance to enter to win prizes, that is. You could also print off the challenge and just do it for fun and personal bragging rights! (If you do the latter, drop me a line in comments to let me know you’re doing it. I hope you have a blast!)
Summer Reading Challenge starts June 21 and ends September 3, 2021.
Any format of book (eBook, paper, audio), including ARCs are fine, but all books for this Summer Challenge must be read between June 21 (our start day) and September 3. (So books read before June 21 don’t count.)
Complete one or all – in any order you want! 📚💕📚
1. A book with the ocean or a beach on its cover
2. A book with a mostly blue cover
3. Something Old by Ev Bishop (If you’ve already read it, say so for one entry!)
4. River’s Sigh B & B novels (One entry per book. If you’ve already read all eight – woohoo! Enter them all separately in the thread for one entry per book!)
5. A book recommended by a friend
6. A book with a one word title
7. A non-fiction book
8. At least three poems by Mary Oliver
9. A thriller or suspense
10. A mystery
11. A romance
12. Read outside (anywhere – your deck, the lake, a chair by your door! – for at least 30 minutes).
13. Celebrate Christmas in July! Read a Christmas romance in . . . you got it. July!
14. A book with a title that starts with the first letter of your name
15. A book that takes place in a different country than where you live
16. A book you already own (in any format) but haven’t read yet
17. A book set in the summer
18. A novel about friends
19. A book featuring a mother and daughter(s)
20. A book with pets in it
The biggest reward is a summer full of reading fun, of course! 😀📚💕📚 That said, I have some other goodies in store that might make your little bookish hearts sing!
Every Friday in July and August, there will be a random draw for a $5.00 gift card (for Amazon or Barnes and Noble – winner’s choice). Anybody who has entered the challenge by the draw dates so far will be automatically entered for a chance to win. Their name will stay in for the subsequent draws.
At the end of the challenge (midnight PST September 3), you will be entered in the main draws as many times as you’ve completed a category.
For example, if Anna Reads completed three categories of the challenge, her name would be entered three times. If Paige Turner completed six categories, her name would be entered six times.
Maximum entries per person: 27 (because there are 20 categories, but #4 has eight possible entries)
5 lucky winners will receive a signed Ev Bishop paperback of their choice, a book lover’s key chain, and other fun book swag.
1 lucky winner will receive the FULL River’s Sigh B & B series (all eight books!) in paperback and signed, a book lover’s key chain, and other fun book swag.
**Grand prize winners will be announced on or before Sept. 10, 2021.
***To qualify for prizes, you must join The Cabin and enter each category you complete in the Summer Reading Challenge thread. You can also read all the official (and very easy!) rules there.
Wishing you a wonderful summer and super happy (challenging, LOL) reading!